The Community Grants Scheme (CGS) will support activities at a community level that complement those taking place through the wider Landscape Partnership Scheme (LPS) and provide benefit to people living within the project area. The intention is to encourage as wide a range of groups and individuals as possible to have involvement with and benefit from the LPS.

The CGS will seek to support projects which broadly meet the Heritage Lottery Fund’s (HLF) nine outcomes, whilst contributing specifically to at least two of these.

Small grants will be offered on a yearly basis, at different rates and amounts, on the two bases outlined below:

 

  1. Locally constituted Community Groups and Organisations

To enable projects and activities which meet the LPS’ objectives and provide community benefit. Groups that would be eligible include, but would not be limited to; Community Councils, Grazings Committees, Tourist Associations, Heritage and other special interest groups. Grants up to a total value of £5,000 per project would be available.

 

  1. Individuals within the Project Area

To enable projects / opportunities to be undertaken which provide benefit to an individual and the wider area through a combination of the specific heritage focus and project outcomes. Grants up to a total value of £1,000 per project would be available.

In both scenarios grants would be awarded up to a maximum of 75% of the total project cost, with the remaining 25% to be met by a combination of other grants, private cash contributions and in kind contributions (in line with HLF’s prescribed rates).

 

Year 4 of Community Grants Scheme now open!

The 2020-21 round of the Community Grants Scheme is now open to applications. The deadline for applications is 12 noon, Monday 2nd March 2020. This is the final round of the scheme.

Download the application form for full grant eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, and information on how to submit your application.

For more information about the Community Grants Scheme and to check if your project idea is eligible contact Boyd Alexander, CALLP Scheme Manager, on 01571 844 638 or email balexander@coigach-assynt.org

Download Year 4 Community Grants Scheme Application Form (Word Document)

Project timeline

-

Related category

Project partners

Funding partners

Latest

An Autumn Portrait

One of our Community Grants Scheme recipients this year was Griogair MacAllein who led story walks across the area throughout last year. Here Griogair shares a seasonally suitable poem:  

A Journey through Elphin for Quite an Adventure

Having supported The Journey Through Elphin community wall-hanging. project through our Community Grants Scheme it was a pleasure to attend the unveiling of the finished wall hanging at Elphin village

Assynt & Coigach Creative Trail

Guest blog by Lesley Muir, Chair of Assynt & Coigach Creatives, on the release of their Creative Trail leaflet, funded through our Community Grants Scheme Assynt & Coigach Creatives (ACC)

Coigach & Assynt Living Landscape
Coigach & Assynt Living LandscapeThursday, February 20th, 2020 at 5:01pm

Fancy getting out and about and helping the environment this Feb? Come and join us for our Monthly volunteer day; this month we are cleaning the beaches of Culag Woods. Meet at the Main carpark at 10am

Coigach & Assynt Living Landscape
Coigach & Assynt Living LandscapeWednesday, February 19th, 2020 at 5:01pm

New Volunteering opportunities with our partner the John Muir Trust at the Little Assynt Tree Nursery and Quinag. A fantastic chance to get out into the landscape and help with native trees at the nursery, path building, wildlife surveying and more. Please Contact Romany for...

Coigach & Assynt Living LandscapeThursday, February 20th, 2020 at 1:19pm

Unexpectedly lovely morning today https://t.co/2vxGactzhg

Coigach & Assynt Living LandscapeWednesday, February 19th, 2020 at 1:19pm

Knew those herons were special https://t.co/ni3zTANcp9