Walks guidebook editor/compiler required
We are looking for a self-employed contractor to complete the following work in contract with The Scottish Wildlife Trust, the Scheme’s lead partner.
Guidebook editor/compiler: Updating and reprinting a walking guide for Coigach and Assynt (£5,900)
This project, led by North West Highlands Geopark, aims to produce a Walker’s Guidebook for Coigach and Assynt building on community consultation work already carried out by another work package to identify common messages for different aspects of the parishes including walking and driving routes passing through the CALL area. The guidebook will bring together two previous publications – the Assynt Walking Network and the Walks Around Achiltibuie leaflet – and update them for 2021.
We are looking to contract an experienced designer to:
- Review text/mapping from the Assynt Walking Network and Walks Around Achiltibuie Guides.
- Plan the themes, chapters and content of the book with the Project manager.
- Compile/Update the text and mapping as necessary, performing an editorial role.
- Typesetting and design, including redrawing maps for digital and print versions.
- Submit design for review and approval by the project team. There should be enough time for at least 3 iterations of review.
- Liaise with the publisher and supervise the successful printing of the manuscript.
The budget for this work is £5,900, inclusive of all expenses and VAT if applicable. A breakdown of the materials expected to be produced as part of this contract are listed in the full tender brief.
The role will be appointed on a self-employed basis and contracts will be issued by the Scottish Wildlife Trust. Contractors are expected to adhere to Scottish Wildlife Trust’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Suppliers, including holding appropriate insurance where applicable. This role is funded with thanks to players of the National Lottery through the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
For more information contact Geopark Coordinator Dr Laura Hamlet on 01854 622 754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th October 2020